Thursday, February 10, 2011

17 days

I leave for my Round the World trip in 17 days... 2.5 weeks. As my project here winds up (I think, finally), and the details start falling in place, I am increasingly excited about it all. I'm finding it difficult to focus my mind on the details of here instead of the details of there.

Yet, I'm also realizing how much there is here. This is the first winter that I can remember actually loving. It's gorgeous here. The frozen mountains, woods, and lake make for excellent snowshoeing scenery and unlike the winters in Michigan, it's actually sunny here a fair amount of the time.


(a picture I took on my most recent snowshoeing excursion)

Recently, I've been writing about spiritual disciplines in the leadership curriculum I'm creating. Yesterday, I was writing about praise and worship and specifically how we can be more active in praising God for all that is around us. In all that's going on in my life these days, I've been feeling pretty too-good-to-be-true blessed.

The next two weeks will be filled with Boston and NJ and hanging out with people who I haven't seen or won't see for a while. Another way in which I am so incredibly blessed.

No comments: