Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wrapping up and getting ready


One week from today I will be hanging out in Istanbul, Turkey with Margie Davis. It still doesn't feel quite real, but it is. This week involves a substantial amount of packing and planning with some work mixed in. 5 days to takeoff.

This weekend I went to New Jersey to celebrate my Grandma Raws's 85th birthday. She's quite the woman, and in her 60+ years of service at America's Keswick (an addiction recovery and conference center in Whiting, NJ), she has known, loved, and served a huge number of people. It was fun to see people come and celebrate with her (100+ people) at her party on Sunday and to spend some quality time with the family before I head overseas. Here are some highlight pics from the weekend:

My grandma and her four daughters


A sampling of some of my grandmother's handiwork. She sews, knits, quilts, weaves baskets, canes chairs, and more.


My cousin Melia with her nephew Amos. I really love spending time with my cousins and my cousins' kids.


Now, to figure out what and how to pack for this upcoming adventure. Yikes!

No comments: