Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Small Things

My friend Beth likes to share her favorite things on her blog. I like it because she has fantastic taste and it lets her readers get to know her without her having to say much.

Plus, my friend Jen posted a few days ago about focusing on the routines in life.

So, I've decided to share with you a few pictures of favorite everyday life stuff in NH.

First things first, my space. The miraculous thing was no cleaning/straightening was required for the taking of this picture. I'm trying this whole "keep your room clean" thing. I'll let you know how that goes.



Secondly, the outfit. Not really pictured: my blue cardigan. Last week I made a little trip to my storage and retrieved some books I had been missing and my sweaters. Yes, it's fall in NH and I'm very ready for it. Pictured: my jeans, which I now wear daily because I can, and my new Clarks. I love both.

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5518309066235024162" />

Thirdly, the window seat in my room, plus one of my very favorite books. Valley of Vision is a book of puritan prayers that my church in Boston often uses for liturgy. I really love these prayers. I also love that my current life allows for extended reading time.




So I will leave you with an excerpt from another Valley of Vision prayer:

Thou hast shown me that because thou art mine
I can live by thy life,
be strong in thy strength,
be guided by thy wisdom;
and so I can pitch my thoughts and heart in thee.
That is the exchange of wonderful love -
for me to have thee for myself,
and for thee to have me, and to give me thyself.
There is in thee all fullness of the good I need,
and the fullness of all grace to draw me to thyself,
who else could never have come.
But having come, I must cleave to thee,
be knit to thee,
always seek thee.

1 comment:

Beth @ The Goad Abode said...

love this post, amy! makes me miss you more though.
so glad to know what's going on with you and happy you have time to read!